03 October 2009

Starbucks High Price for Sustainability

Previously posted on Sociology of Sheena.

I love all things Starbucks.

As evident by...

Just thinking

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Ode to Starbucks
SpokesModel

Mmmmm. Starbucks just makes my soul so very happy!

In an effort to be more sustainable I purchase various starbucks mugs for travel. Being the OCD person I can sometimes be..half of these mugs are ONLY for tea and the other half are ONLY for coffee. That is because no matter how much you clean a coffee travel mug...it still smells of coffee. So then if you put jasmine tea in that mug...it still has remnants of the carmel coffee I had yesterday.


Coffee Mug on the left and Tea Mug on the right. (I have one at home and one at work)








I also have to two pictured below. One is for water, juice and all that whatnot. I have one at work and home. I was so completely on my soapbox about sustainability through using real dishes as oppose to disposable coffee mugs...that I forgot to realize I was going through bottles of water all the time. The other one is for my hot cocoa.

Today, just an hour ago, I went to Starbucks to get my Strawberry Lemonade Frap...since they don't have the Mango Tazo one like in London and I discovered a new thing.

A travel mug for my fraps and other cold drinks. And is double insulated. So it keeps the fraps....frappy and your hands NOT frozen. No more plastic cups when I go in for my fix. My collection is complete.

Now all I need to do is grow my own strawberries and ruhburb and make the little treats they sell for way too much.

We'll see.

No comments: