The most basic thing I found was that a body scrub should have equal parts brown sugar and olive/almond/jojoba oil. (Some websites says you can get as simple as baby oil and granulated sugar. Although you should double the amount of granulated sugar since its more fine). I'd say throw in a drop or two of your favorite essential oil as well to add a hint of flavorful scent.
I found a Brown Sugar Scrub on Thrify Fun.
I have the sense that the next recipe might be too strong a scent for me but I think I'm still going to give it a try. I found a Coffee Body Scrub at Associated Content.Ingredients
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 heaping tablespoons almond oil
- few drops of honey
- 3 to 5 drops of your favorite essential oilPreparation
- Mix ingredients thoroughly
- In the shower, gently scrub all over your body
I found an even simpler recipe but can't remember where it came from.Ingredients
- Two tablespoons of fresh coffee grounds
- A half cup of Olive Oil
- Two tablespoons of baking soda
- One tablespoon of salt
- One tablespoon of sugar
- Mix all of the ingredients together. (It will be coarse and pretty thick)
- Use your hands to apply. (A cloth is NOT recommended)
The next recipe made me think of my mother. I think I might make it for her and send it as a gift. For the chocolate lovers there is a Chocolate Body Scrub that I found a Ezine article.Ingredients
- 2 cups of ground coffee
- 1/2 cup of sugar or sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons of massage oil of your choicePreparation
- Mix and enjoy.
I will be making some of the new found recipes tonight, Friday, and Saturday night.
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tespoon of vanilla oil (extract will work)
- Olive oil as needed (you could use vegetable oil too, but not if you have oily skin)Preparation
- Mix all the ingredients except for olive oil.
- Start adding olive oil, gradually until the mixture starts looking like a paste
- It should be applied on moist skin, the best time is after you took a shower. It will help the skin cells slough off faster.
- Use circular motion and massage gently using your fingertips.
- Rinse off with warm water.