25 October 2009

Homemade All Natural Face Toner


The next recipe that I tried was the toner. This was very easy to make. I found the recipe on Homemade Beauty Recipes.

The ingredients are
  • 4 oz of witch hazel
  • 10 to 20 drops of your Essential Oil.
Preparation


  • Mix ingredients well into the bottle. (you can find a bottle at a beauty supply store. I buy bottles to house my oil concoctions for my hair.)
  • Shake well before each use
  • Apple to face with cotton ball after cleansing.  

I like that this recipe called for only two ingredients.

But listen. I have to be honest. The witch hazel smelled horrible! But I guess alcohol smells too potent too when you sniff it. No wonder they say to add 10 to 20 drops of your favorite essential oil.


You can't really tell that the toner is in there because its clear, but its all in there. For this recipe, I made half of what they suggestions.

(again, not the cutest picture but its for research purposes)



The toner felt the same as my store bought toner. Although the store bought toner seems to smell better. Although, I'm sure the store bought kind because its full of horrible things.  In the future I may need a stronger oil than tea tree because it did not combat the smell of witch hazel. Or perhaps its just an acquired smell.

Despite the smell, the quality and feel of the recipe was the same as the kind that I buy from the Body Shop.

No comments: