While I am more excited to try the rose face mask that I found, today I tried the simple face mask found on About.com.
This face mask is suitable for all skin types and is super simple to prepare. It will cleanse and rejuvenate your skin. Prep time is three minutes
The ingredients are
- 1 tbsp oatmeal, finely ground (I'll use my blender to grind the oatmeal)
- 1 tbsp live, organic yogurt (no flavored kind)
- A few drops of honey
- Add yogurt to oatmeal in a small bowl and mix together.
(I ground the oatmeal very finely with my blender)
- Warm a few drops of honey (to do this, warm a spoon under hot water for a minute, then add a few drops of honey to the spoon
- Stir the honey into the yogurt and oatmeal mixture.
(not the best picture but it gets the point across)
- Apply the mask to the face. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse off with several splashes of warm water. Follow with a warm washcloth.
(insert scary face here)
- Apply moisturizer.
Well, the recipe calls for the perfect amount to use in one setting. And it was so so simple. One tablespoon of oatmeal and yogurt and about one teaspoon or so or honey. And it smelled so good. Probably because that's around what I eat for breakfast, if I remember to eat.
Did you know, The Body Shop has an Oatmeal Honey Mask that they sell for $16.50?
Oh the error of my ways for buying all this crap when I have the ingredients right in my pantry and under my bathroom sink. Ridiculous.