The fruit dip cream cheese that use for my strawberries has an average cost of $4 to $5 dollars. Is that expensive? Maybe. Seeing as to how I eat every drop and never waste an ounce compared to other food that I waste, perhaps its not as expensive as it seems. Still, if I can find a way to save a dollar so that it can be invested into something else, I'd love it!
I decided to make my own fruit dip since Wholefoods did not have the store bought brand I'm used to buying. Keep in mind this recipe isn't "organically sound." The ingredients are not all natural. I suppose what's sustainable about this recipe is the economics of it all.
- Whipped Cream Cheese
- French Vanilla Yogurt (I did use stoneyfield since I believe in his all natural business)
- Spoon two large dollops of fluff into a small mixing bowl.
- Spook one large dollop of whipped cream cheese into the same mixing bowl.
- Spoon two(ish) sort of spoonfuls of yogurt into the same bowl.
- Stir until its all blended together.
- Dip fruit and enjoy.
Does anyone know a more organic way that I can create this dip because "Fluff" isn't going to help my body any time soon?